Doug Barton wrote:

Thomas Backman wrote:

Thanks, guys!
However, a new issue appeared... Kind of. I know I read something about
portsnap and INDEX on the -current list recently, so I'm guessing this
is related? Maybe not, though (see later in the mail).

[r...@chaos /usr/ports/ports-mgmt]# portsnap -I fetch update >/dev/null
[r...@chaos /usr/ports/ports-mgmt]# pkg_version -vL=
[r...@chaos /usr/ports/ports-mgmt]# pkg_version -vIL=
curl-7.19.5_1                       <   needs updating (index has 7.19.6)
dnsmasq-2.49_1                      <   needs updating (index has 2.49_2)
ezm3-1.1_2                          <   needs updating (index has 1.2_1)

Can you check the files in your ports tree to see if they have the
older versions or the newer? You can either read the Makefiles or do this:

cd /usr/ports/ftp/curl
make -V PKGNAME

I suspect that somehow the INDEX file and your ports tree are out of
date, although my understanding was that this should not happen with
portsnap.

Files in ports tree and INDEX are out of sync, because of the -I in portsnap command. The -I updates INDEX only!

man portsnap:
     -I   For the update command, update INDEX files, but not the rest
          of the ports tree.

That's why portupgrade -a cannot upgrade anything, because ports tree doesn't have updated files.

Solution:

portsnap fetch update

(This will update both INDEX + files)

Miroslav Lachman

PS: do not redirect output of the portsnap command to /dev/null and you will see, what portsnap is doing :)