On 21 Sep 2009 07:30, lini...@freebsd.org wrote:
As part of an ongoing effort to reduce the number of problems in

the FreeBSD ports system, we periodically schedule removal of ports

that have been judged to have outlived their usefulness. Often,

this is due to a better alternative having become available and/or

the cessation of development on the existing port. In some cases,

ports are marked for removal because they fail to build and install

correctly from their sources, or otherwise fail in operation.

portname: math/scilab

maintainer: po...@freebsd.org

deprecated because: unmaintained, many releases behind upstream (without

anyone caring), broken nearly everywhere

expiration date: 2009-10-19

build errors:

http://pointyhat.freebsd.org/errorlogs/i386-errorlogs/e.8.20090917174342/scilab-4.1.2_7.log (_Sep_18_22:57:44_UTC_2009)

overview: http://portsmon.FreeBSD.org/portoverview.py?category=math&portname=scilab

I'll look after math/scilab, if no-one else is in the process of fixing it. Expect a PR fairly soon if I can....

Chris