Doug Ambrisko wrote:
Miroslav Lachman writes:
| Doug Ambrisko wrote:

[...]

| Hi,
| I am little confused by all these MegaRAID utilities available in ports.
| (I am new to LSI MegaRAID).
|
| I have new Dell R610 with PERC6 identified as:
|
| mfi0:<Dell PERC 6>  port 0xfc00-0xfcff mem
| 0xdf180000-0xdf1bffff,0xdf1c0000-0xdf1fffff irq 16 at device 0.0 on pci3
| mfi0: Megaraid SAS driver Ver 3.00
|
| What is the recommended tool to monitor (and manage) the state of the
| PERC6 array?

To monitor, I use syslog :-).  I set in loader.conf
        hw.mfi.event_class="-2"
so I see everything logged to dmesg/syslog of all events.

To manage it I use a custom tool but MegaCli should work.

There is a new tool that was added to freebsd "mfiutil" from Yahoo.

Thank you for tip to mfiutil. I upgraded to 7-STABLE where mfiutil is also included and it seems simpler than MegaCli. I hope it will work without problems ;)

| I also found on LSI website, that newer FreeBSD MegaCli is available:
| 5.00.15
|
| But I don't know if it supports previous HW or not.

I have yet to see a MegaCli that isn't a super set of the prior.
The API to the firmware has been stable.

[...]

Miroslav Lachman