I haven't had a problem like this with cups in years. I updated cups yesterday and can no longer print, install, reinstall usb printers. In admin/add a printer I have no local options only:

Other Network Printers:         Internet Printing Protocol (http)
                                Internet Printing Protocol (ipp)
                                LPD/LPR Host or Printer
                                AppSocket/HP JetDirect

No input for discription, location, etc. The usb printers are recognized when connected or disconnected by the kernel.

I am seeing this on both up to date current and 7.2 Stable. I am going through the documentation hoping to find the problem. If not, what is the best way to go back to the previous port?

Thanks,

ed