Miroslav Lachman пишет:
Seriously - if ports team is willing to have "legacy" versions in ports, we need to discuss some rules for this work. Not just for PHP, but more general. In which conditions we need/allow them, the naming conventions (some ports already have more versions but names are not consistent, some ports are using -dev, -devel, -current [3 different sufixes for the development branch], Perl always uses p5- prefix, Python have py25-, py26- etc.) So is it better to renumber the legacy (forked) version to php52-ext_name-5.2.12 leaving php5- line for 5.3 version or do it like Python (py25, py26): php52- and php53-.
It's good idea.
But, it may be very hard.
I very small know about port system (but, I maintain two or three ports =)), but can small help - some test, or "hands" operations (rename, & etc)