On 14.12.09 18:58, Marcel Moolenaar wrote:

On Dec 14, 2009, at 9:04 AM, Anton Shterenlikht wrote:

Port www/libxul is marked as broken on sparc64.
HOwever, it builds even on ia64!
Could anybody comment on why this port is broken for sparc64?

Anton,

Can you remove the marker from the Makefile and just build it.
Let us know how it fails if it fails.

Remember that most ports committers don't have access to non
PC hardware (or don't have easy access to it), so they do
things blind. Once a port fails to build on an architecture
and no one helps out to fix it, they can only mark the port
as broken.

I think I fixed this for the upcoming libxul. See here:
https://trillian.chruetertee.ch/freebsd-gecko/wiki/TODO

If you need a backport for the current libxul, 1.9.0.15, to sparc64, let me know. I would not be unhappy if you can wait for the new version.
But if you have a speaking reason, I might find some slots :)

Regards,
Andreas