On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 04:57:49PM +0000, Nikola Lečić wrote:
> Dear all,

> The TeXLive binaries for FreeBSD 6, 7 and 8, for i386 and amd64 each,
> are available for download. I will maintain binary sets for TeXLive
> 2009; I will also regularly release binaries built from the current SVN
> TeXLive sources:

>   TeXLive-2009 binaries:

>     http://anthesphoria.net/FreeBSD/TeXLive-2009/bin
>     ftp://tug.org/historic/systems/texlive/2009

>   Binaries from the current sources:

>     http://anthesphoria.net/FreeBSD/TeXLive-Devel/

>     (bin-r${SVNVER} directories).

> Please refer to the respective README.txt files for more details.

Hi there, i'm still using teTeX port and i'm desperate to upgrade to
something more up-to-date and so made a first attempt yesterday to install
your binaries but somehow got it wrong, or at least it didn't appear to
work for me.

I extracted them into /usr/local/texlive/2009/bin/i386-freebsd7/ and
updated my path, which is how I understood it needed to be done from
reading the README.txt; however, this did not work for me.

I wonder, would you be able to help by explaining the steps needed to
install them properly? up-to-now i've only ever used ports to install
software and i'm not familiar with installing binaries on FreeBSD

        Jamie