Hi rnoland.

On Sun, 03 Jan 2010 11:04:52 -0600
Robert Noland <rnol...@freebsd.org> wrote:
> One additional option that I've been considering, though I haven't tried
> it yet, it to construct a patch for 2.4.17 that essentially rolls
> libdrm_nouveau back to the 2.4.12 API.  If we can pull that off, then
> everything is solved, at least for now.

> What you have outlined seems fairly reasonable, although not a trivial
> amount of work.  If you would like to attempt the reverse patch on the
> nouveau directory in libdrm, that may be far simpler.  I will try and
> put this together in the next few days if not.

        I was trying to separate libdrm_nouveau(2.4.12) and libdrm(2.4.17).
        In thus environment, xf86-video-nouveau can compile with few
        patches.  But xf86-video-nouveau freeze and reset on start X:(.
        [SEE ALSO attached archive]

        I saw diff nouveau codes from 2.4.12 and 2.4.17, I can't back
        port from 2.4.12 to 2.4.17:-).  It quite too hard for me.
        Maybe, I think reimplementation of codes related DMA.

        So I'll try to work coexistence with Mesa3D(7.4.4)/libdrm(2.4.12)
        and Mesa3D(7.6.1)/libdrm(2.4.17).