On 31.01.2010 15:36 (UTC+1), b. f. wrote:
On 1/31/10, Rainer Hurling<rhur...@gwdg.de>  wrote:
I have a last question before I will do send-pr for my new port math/ggobi.

The original program wants to install 'ggobi.pc' under

    /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig/

instead of

    /usr/local/libdata/pkgconfig/

I wrote a small patch in Makefile to change the location:

post-patch:
        @${REINPLACE_CMD} -e
's|$$(libdir)/pkgconfig|${PREFIX}/libdata/pkgconfig|' \
                ${WRKSRC}/Makefile.am \
                ${WRKSRC}/Makefile.in

Do you think this replacement is save enough if someone wants to install
in another place?

At first glance, it looks okay, although if you are not remaking
Makefile.in, you could probably just patch Makefile.in, and ignore
Makefile.am.  But since you are already using some components of
Gnome, you could instead just add 'gnomehack' to USE_GNOME, which
already has some boilerplate code to do this, rather than adding your
own custom post-patch target.  Also, I think that you can use @dirrm
instead of @dirrmtry for  etc/xdg/ggobi (although not for etc/xdg).

USE_GNOME gnomehack:
Whow, I was not aware of it. Yes, it also takes care for the right place to install ggobi.pc.

@dirrmtry etc/xdg/ggobi:
This is because we can not be sure if a customized ggobirc file should remain for the next install or update.

Many thanks again for your help. I think it is time to prepare a PR now :-)

Rainer