On Mar 15, 2010, at 17:27 , Alexey Dokuchaev wrote:

>>> No, of course not, that's not what I said.  I'm talking only about that
>>> 1) we probably need to decide where we put Twitter-like and other
>>> microblogging stuff from now on; and 2) we might move ports that do not
>>> require repocopies.
>>
>> I agree with you,
>>
>> What do you think about net-im as main category and www as second
>> category?  And if we get more social programs maybe a virtual
>> category for social tools?
>
> Touch choice, I would say.  As it is sometimes described as "SMS of the
> Internet", both `net-im' and `www' seem to be appropriate categories.
> Twitter might be viewed as some Web-2.0'ish mix of IRC+ICQ+SMS, which
> kinda votes for `net-im', but
[...]

ports/web20 *d&r*

The question is, what is the key attribute that qualifies a port for the www/
category.
- Transporting data over http(s)
- Creating, Serving and displaying Web pages.

I would have guessed the latter.

So I would vote for ports/net because not everything that has some kind of
interactivity is an instant messenger.