On Tue, 29 Jun 2010, Doug Barton wrote:

One more question. Is your gcc compiled with the LTO option? (/var/db/ports/gcc*/options will tell you.) I had that enabled (it's off by default) so I'm going to try recompiling gcc without it and see if it helps.

Never mind, compiling without the LTO option didn't help.

I had the following libmap.conf entries:
libgcc_s.so.1   gcc45/libgcc_s.so.1
libgomp.so.1    gcc45/libgomp.so.1
libobjc.so.3    gcc45/libobjc.so.2
libssp.so.0     gcc45/libssp.so.0
libstdc++.so.6  gcc45/libstdc++.so.6

I commented all of those out, went into /lib and /usr/lib and moved the base versions of the libraries out of the way, ran ldconfig -R, made sure that /usr/local/lib/gcc45/libssp.so.0 is the only ssp library, and then tried again, same error. The symbol appears to be in the lib:

nm libssp.so.0 | grep __stack_chk_fail_local
00000ac0 t __stack_chk_fail_local

So I'm at a loss, and pretty close to throwing in the towel and going back to the base gcc for everything.

Doug

                        -- Pablo Picasso