> On Jul 28, 2010, at 11:13 AM, David Southwell wrote:
> > In that case should the port not call for 26?
> >
> > Here is an extract from my pkgdb from which you can see python26 is
> > installed on the system. If the port needs 26 surely should it not call
> > for it as a dependency rather than failing because python31-3.1.2_1 is
> > present??
>
> You'd have to discuss that with <gn...@freebsd.org>.  However, you would
> certainly save time if you kept /usr/local/bin/python as a link to
> python2.6 instead of to python-3.x.
>
> Regards,
I believe the porters handbook recomends that ports should set the appropriate
python environment at build time to prevent this problem occuring.

David

Photographic Artist
Permanent Installations & Design
Creative Imagery and Advanced Digital Techniques
High Dynamic Range Photography & Official Portraiture
Combined darkroom & digital creations
& Systems Adminstrator for the vizion2000.net network