I'd like to step up and offer to modernize and maintain the ICC port for
FreeBSD.

I may be crazy, specially as 9 is going towards Clang/LLVM. With that move,
there may be a lot of very talented people modifying the build/make environment
to work in a way that is even further removed from ICC's working. Time will
tell if this is viable or not.

What I'm looking for is the previous port maintainer's email address. I ran
across it someplace, but can't find it now. He mentioned having some contacts
at Intel, as well as info on the basic process and tips for the next person who
may want to maintain.

I'm very interested in HPC, and I believe step one on this long road for
FreeBSD is an option to use a more optimized complier for Intel platforms
(which is all we use anyway).

Thanks.