On 12/12/10 17:08, Ashish SHUKLA wrote:

So, what I think happening in your case is kdm isn't starting the "DBus" on
startup of your session, which is why it only gets activated (started) when
you start Emacs (or any other DBus consumer application).
And for good overall desktop experience, please make sure dbus gets started on
system startup, as well as session startup. Lots of services expect DBus to be
running.

I have:
# ps ax | grep dbus
 1002  ??  Is     0:00.03 /usr/local/bin/dbus-daemon --system
 1451  ??  I      0:00.00 dbus-launch
--autolaunch=b3fbd8cb89ee22fd22fc292600001a5f --binary-syntax --close-stderr
 1452  ??  Is     0:00.00 /usr/local/bin/dbus-daemon --fork --print-pid 6
--print-address 8 --session

The first one is launched at system startup, the other two when I login.
So I cannot explain why emacs would complains about it...

If you're running Emacs on server and don't want DBus to be started, then
exclude DBUS using "make config" and reinstall the port.

So, on the two remote servers, I "config"ured emacs to work without DBUS and recompiled, but nothing changed: still emacs starts dbus and still Konsole does not close automatically unless I kill it.
Then I removed *gconf* support too and now the problem seems to be gone.

 bye & Thanks
        av.