On 19/12/2010 12:24, Jerry wrote:
> I am attempting to update an existing port. When running "portlint -A"
> I am receiving an error message.
>
> # portlint -A
> WARN: Makefile: for new port, make $FreeBSD$ tag in comment section empty, to
> make CVS happy.
> WARN: Makefile: new ports should not set PORTREVISION.
> FATAL: README.html: for safety, be sure to cleanup README.html files before
> committing the port.
> 1 fatal error and 2 warnings found.
>
> The first two are no problem. it is the third one "FATAL" that I cannot
> understand. It never appeared before when I was updating this port. Is
> this really a "FATAL" error  or can I simply disregard it? The port
> builds and installed fine.

Did you run a 'make readmes' at any point?  The README.html file is a
derived file autogenerated entirely from other sources including
(inter-alia) the pkg-descr file and the port's Makefile.  As such, it
shouldn't be committed to CVS.  This is all portlint is trying to
prevent happening.  Delete README.html and everything should be fine.

        Cheers,

        Matthew

                                                  Flat 3
JID: matt...@infracaninophile.co.uk               Kent, CT11 9PW