I just tried to reinstall editors/openoffice.org-3 after recently installing editors/libreoffice that pulled in devel/cppunit -- I could not, since editors/openoffice.org-3 conflicts with devel/cppunit.

Why is there a one-sided conflict? If editors/openoffice.org-3 and devel/cppunit really install files to the same location, both should conflict each other.

Which files are installed by both ports? Looking in /var/db/pkg/cppunit-1.12.1/+CONTENTS and /var/db/pkg/openoffice.org-3.3.0/+CONTENTS on a machine that I still have both installed on, I cannot find any common files. Both ports are installed with default options. I only find the commit message from 2010-Apr-1 of OOo adding the conflict, but it does not say which files and since pkg-plist is generated, I cannot find out if the conflict was resolved in the meantime.

It would make testing of editors/libreoffice difficult if you could not have it installed with editors/openoffice.org-3 at the same time.

Cheers,
Jan Henrik