On 03/06/2011 10:37, Grzegorz Blach wrote:
On 03/06/2011 18:35, b. f. wrote:
I read last post Martin Wilke's blog called "FreeBSD needs fresh Blood!"

First of all, I think it's difficult to testing ports

No argument there, it can be hard work.

I'm using testing release of VirtualBox,
but for build this port I must download patches,
apply its on my own tree and merge its with official ports
using portshaker.

You could also maintain completely separate trees, or subtrees with CVS.

It's possible to build testing ports outside tree,
but I must build every port separately, since `Make` don't known how to
track dependencies.

Setting PORTSDIR for your builds may help. Read ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk for more information about that.

There is always going to be some added work involved in testing.  Have
you considered using multiple trees, if you have sufficient disk
space? Or using a version control system?

Multiple trees don't help me a lot, portmaster became fools.

Not sure what you mean by that, but portmaster respects PORTSDIR as well.

There is address for repository, but I still need merging trees
and rebuild index for portmaster.

portmaster does not require the INDEX unless you tell it to. If you have a ports tree to operate against portmaster doesn't need the INDEX at all.

hope this helps,

Doug

                        -- OK Go