On Sun, 13 Mar 2011 20:45, dougb@ wrote:
On 3/13/2011 5:35 PM, Peter Jeremy wrote:
Hi Doug,

I'd like to raise a couple of nits with portmaster (primarily a wish
for more configurability):

1) In v3.0, you added code to nice(1) all make(1) invocations.  In some
cases, the default niceness does not suit me (in particular, I'd often
prefer '0' to '10').  Would it be possible to add an option to control
the priority?

2) In v3.6, you added a "find $WRKDIRPREFIX ..." to the cleanup.  For
various reasons, I have _lots_ of unrelated stuff under that tree and
so the find(1) takes an unacceptably long time to run.  It would be
nice to restrict that search to $WRKDIRPREFIX${.CURDIR} and have an
option to disable it completely.

Neither is likely to happen. :) I may however remove 1, it didn't really help much, if at all. As for 2, my suggestion is to have a WRKDIRPREFIX for development stuff, and a different one for portmaster. It's pretty easy to do with a make.conf knob searching for whether UPGRADE_TOOL is set to

This doesn't have any effect for,
/usr/ports/lang/python/Makefile:31:.if defined(USE_PORTMASTER)

Does it ?

It would be real nice if these things were somewhat in sync for their intended use.

Ill BCC python@ for the heads up on ``UPGRADE_TOOL'' I would prefer this personally over USE_ vars. But is this common among portupgrade and portmaster ? If not can something be done in tree to decipher it into what is supposed to be set to avoid confusion ?

"portmaster." I have such a thing which I can send you if you really need me to, but I'm not booted into FreeBSD right now so I don't have it close to hand.

--

 Regards,

 J. Hellenthal
 (0x89D8547E)