Am 17.03.2011 05:33, schrieb Ruslan Mahmatkhanov:
17.03.2011 02:33, Michel Talon пишет:
Hello,

i noted that ucpp is deprecated because it cannot be fetched
from original site. This is an alternate c preprocessor
supposed to be better than the gnu one, written by Thomas
Pornin. I happen to know the guy (*), so i searched if
the soft had been moved, and indeed it can be found here:
http://code.google.com/p/ucpp/
I hope you may reconsider your decision.

With my best regards

(*) i think he now runs a crypto firm in the Boston area.

I've tried to adopt the port to new distfile..
It builds but doesn't produce ucpp binary.
Maybe you or anybody can look what's wrong.

Guys,

all these efforts to rescue the ports are all good, but: do we actually _need_ the ports? Just having one more port isn't a value in itself.

And if yes, can someone step up to become maintainer of the port, meaning, upgrade it to new versions, sort FreeBSD bug reports and forward/file them with the upstream authors, and all that?

Thanks.

--
Matthias Andree
ports committer