On 4/12/2011 1:39 AM, J. Hellenthal wrote:

Hi Doug,

Not that this is much a improvement but thought youd like to be informed
of it. I usually try to refrain whenever possible from calling utilities
like nice(1) or renice(1)  and let processes inherit their niceness be
inherited from the parent process. This patch does that very thing for
portmaster.

Thank you for your suggestion, however at this point it's only the make processes (which can often run for extended periods) that I want subjected to giving up their priority. The rest of the script should be run at the defaults. Users who want the behavior you describe can run nice in the shell.

Doug

                        -- OK Go