On Tue 26 Apr 2011 at 14:34:00 PDT Charlie Kester wrote:
On Tue 26 Apr 2011 at 14:27:47 PDT Charlie Kester wrote:
FWIW, here are some popularity/vitality stats from freshmeat for
unmaintained ports in the sysutils category.

Drat, the mailinglist rejected the attachment.  If anyone wants to see
it, send me a private email and I'll reply with a copy.

Here are the top ten most "popular" unmaintained ports from this
category, in case someone's looking for one to adopt:

"name"        "popularity"  "vitality"
"k3b" 754.12  120.91
"sg3_utils"   444.46  41.9
"LPRng"       303.65  5.13
"afio"        292.62  2.44
"anteater"    237.11  4.26
"bchunk"      215.97  2.71
"userinfo"    211.26  23.51
"ddrescue"    210.72  8.82
"cpuburn"     207.73  1
"cw"  207.28  11.25

k3b looks like an obvious choice.

I restricted my search to this category while hammering out my approach.
Now that I have my code proved out, I'm going to expand it to look at
all unmaintained ports regardless of category.   Any suggestions for
where I should post the results?  (That is, unless you think the
bitbucket is the only suitable place for it.)