On Sat, 6 Aug 2011 05:37:29 -0400, b. f. wrote:
There is nothing to fix, this is the way ports are expected to work.

Are you sure? IMHO if PREFIX is defined before installing any port
and never gets changed than all ports should respect PREFIX.

> Playing with PREFIX != LOCALBASE has to be done with care because it
> can lead to some breakage as this one.

Steve, did you define a new PREFIX before installing *any* port at the system in question? There should be the fore-mentioned problem if one
*change* PREFIX after installing some ports.

They may be respecting PREFIX, but may also be honoring LOCALBASE?=
/usr/local, != PREFIX, during dependency checks:

     98 BUILD_DEPENDS=  zip:${PORTSDIR}/archivers/zip \
    105
${LOCALBASE}/lib/libcppunit.so:${PORTSDIR}/devel/cppunit \

, so problems may arise.  If you're going to define a non-default
PREFIX, you must set LOCALBASE to match.  And even if you do, if you
have an alternative, non-empty LOCALBASE that is in your path, or that
contains shared libraries visible to the loader, then you may still
encounter problems.  I think that PC-BSD uses something corresponding
to multiple PREFIXes in their approach to fat packages, and they had
to make a number of changes to the base system as well as to ports in
order to do so.

By the way, I guess some of the shared libraries in this port's
BUILD_DEPENDS have to use a fully-qualified path (and were placed
there instead of in LIB_DEPENDS to avoid registering a run-time
dependency?), but I don't know why that was thought to be necessary
for the binary executables gperf and vigra-config.

b.

BTW, QAT was used to do experimental runs with non-default PREFIX.
Those reports were very useful.

--
WBR, bsam

Yes you are right gperf and vigra-config dependencies are wrong in that case.

I didn't see it because it is fixed in the short coming 3.4.2.

I'm focus on it sorry

Bapt