I noticed that xapian was held back to 1.0 while waiting for either dependant port maintainers to update to the newer version, or for a second copy of xapian to be added to ports.

The last activity on the bug tracker seems to be from just over a year ago. Has there been any progress on getting xapian updated?

I ask because I am trying to get notmuch (notmuchmail.org) going as a port. So far notmuch compiles, runs and functions just fine, but xapian 1.2 is said to be MUCH faster than 1.0, so I was hoping that you (being the maintainer) would be able to green-light the update. That is of course assuming the blocking packages/etc have been resolved.

Thank You
~Doug Penner
A.K.A. DarwinSurvivor