On Wed, 25 Jan 2012, Robert Watson wrote:

I can't speak to your specific experience, but I do know that some VMWare folk contacted the FreeBSD release engineering team late in the 9.0 cycle to ask whether the ISO images appearing on our FTP site were the final versions they should use for qualification work or not. We advised them to wait until the release announcement was out, just in case.

Oh, one other data point. Last I checked, NetApp used VMWare as a training/development platform with OnTap GX, which is FreeBSD-derived. I believe that may include shipping training VMs to customers, but you'd want to check their web site and confirm that before passing that on. I don't know if NetApp has shipped with VMWare in products; if that is the case, you might not want to bring up NetApp's work on bHyve :-).

Robert