Robert Huff wrote:
  >          On my system, portversion did not catch the jump from Flash 9
  >  to Flash 11.  Was this just me, or should there be an entry in
  >  UPDATING?

  They are different ports. You need to switch to other one.

        Given the number of people who have/had trouble getting Flash
to work, telling the average user that this is not covered by a
common port version checking tool would be prudent.

Traditionally FreeBSD ports contain more than one flash version. I don't know where this came from, maybe the previous version was left intact until Adobe/Macromedia fully moves to the next one resolving incompatibility issues or something...

--
Sphinx of black quartz judge my vow.