On 04/08/12 00:02, Chris Rees wrote:
On 7 April 2012 13:51, Da Rock<freebsd-po...@herveybayaustralia.com.au>  wrote:
On 04/06/12 13:20, Timur I. Bakeyev wrote:
Hi!

Can you show the build output? Port should't directly dipend from
anything like this.
Sorry, it was on a clients system and I couldn't get the info across. I can
only say for sure that installing libnet fixed the issue.

The build error was an undeclared function or const (most likely const) that
was supplied by libnet.

Sorry I can't tell you any more information; I emailed this to notify of the
fix, and for others if they come across the issue in the future. Googling
was what put me on to this fix as well.
If you could give some idea of the site that advised this, that could
probably help too.

Again, my apologies. Let me try this again and see if I can be a little more organised with my description.

This was a clean, fresh install on an amd64 (Atom cpu, although I did try on a real cpu too). I tried 3.6 first, it didn't build. Then I tried 3.5, when that didn't work (same error) I looked at the handbook and it was still on 3.4, and during my googling I noticed that there could be an issue with incompatibility with the libsmbclient; so I reverted to 3.4. It didn't build either, and they all had the same error.

So I googled some more on this error, but there wasn't much on it at all. I did notice a lot of comments on samba, tdb, and libnet, and there was a clue in the error of a libnet dependency (sorry I just can't remember, so much has happened in the 24 hr period); so I tried installing libnet and then built samba 3.4 (to avoid further issues and conflicts) and presto! it all built.

That was the day prior to my post, and I figured someone could run a clean build and find this as well; failing that, someone would come across this again in the future. As you can see it wasn't anything in particular that set me on this, just a hunch I followed and lucked out on a resolution, but it worked :)

I hope that helps someone...