On 09/06/2012 09:38, Thomas Mueller wrote:
> Where is all this about the new options framework documented?

Here:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/makefile-options.html

> There ought to be something in UPDATING file telling users what to do to stay
> properly in sync.

Users basically don't need to do anything different at the moment.
OPTIONS dialogues may look a bit different, and the descriptive text
might change a bit, but they work in exactly the same way from the user
perspective.

If you have WITH_FOO or WITHOUT_FOO definitions in /etc/make.conf or
similar, then you will probably need to do some editing at some point.
Not all WITH_/WITHOUT_ options are going: just the ones that are
controlled by OPTIONS dialogues.  For now, I believe everything should
still keep working as before -- deleting the compatibility code is
planned, but it's going to be a while yet before the ports is anywhere
near ready for that to happen.

        Cheers,

        Matthew

                                                  Flat 3