On Sat, 4 Aug 2012, the wise Kevin Oberman wrote:

Do you have comms/usbmuxd installed? I seem to recall an issue where it could cause one of the Gnome related processes to go to 100%. I just don't recall if it was gamin, but I removed the usbmuxd port and those dependent on it, all of which involved iPod tools.

If this is the case, it happens in Linux, too, so the maintainer my not be able to help as the problem is upstream

Usbmuxd was installed and I deinstalled it (and also two dependencies for ipod stuff), but gam_server keeps going to 100% just after starting Gnome.

Killing gam_server doesn't help either, it just keeps coming back.

Regards,
Marco

--
Ever feel like you're the head pin on life's
bowling alley, and everyone's rolling strikes?