On 20/08/2012 10:40, Doug Barton wrote:
On 08/20/2012 01:23, Dominic Fandrey wrote:
I have run into problems with portmaster. The problem is that it doesn't
check whether a dependency is satisfied. It just goes ahead and installs
them.

I think a dependency like:
     latex:${PORTSDIR}/print/teTeX-base

shouldn't cause portmaster to install teTeX-base. Not if a latex
binary is already available.

Portmaster doesn't handle dependencies that way, it relies on the port
authors to register CONFLICTS. If you have installed a port that
installs a latex binary it and teTeX-base should have CONFLICTS
registered against each other.

So evidently my list of CONFLICTS is not complete.