On 2012-09-03 15:19, Kimmo Paasiala wrote:
On Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 3:42 PM, Frank Seltzer <fran...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
% clang --version
FreeBSD clang version 3.0 (branches/release_30 142614) 20111021
with hundreds and hundreds of this type of error in between:

mp3lib/decode_i586.c:65:23: error: unknown token in expression
"        pushl %%eax\n\t"
                       ^
<inline asm>:22:18: note: instantiated into assembly here
                 movl 4+(%esp),%edx
                         ^
mp3lib/decode_i586.c:68:23: error: unknown token in expression
"        pushl %%eax\n\t"
                       ^
<inline asm>:25:18: note: instantiated into assembly here
                 movl 8+(%esp),%eax

This looks like some sort of trouble with the inline assembly, which may
not work with the version of clang you are using.  I will have a look at
which version you will minimally need.  Meanwhile, you can attempt to
use -no-integrated-as for the files containing the inline assembly.

Has the building of those ports worked before with clang(1)? There are
still quite a few ports that rely on gcc's pecularities that clang can
not yet do. Use exceptions in /etc/make.conf for ports that fail to
build with clang, for example this is what I have to use for
sysutils/lsof:

.if ${.CURDIR:M*/sysutils/lsof}
CC=gcc
CXX=g++
CPP=gcc -E
.endif

Note that building lsof works just fine with clang after r239462 (where
a recent clang 3.2 snapshot was imported).