On Mon, Dec 24, 2012 at 10:24 PM, Alexandr Kovalenko
<ne...@nevermind.kiev.ua> wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 24, 2012 at 8:05 PM, Alex Dupre <a...@freebsd.org> wrote:
>>> Thanks for noticing this. I'll submit another PR after this one is
>>> commited to remove those headers from -client and add to -server, will
>>> also re-add libmysqlservices.a to -server together with headers.
>>

>> Why are you going to hack the mariadb ports is such way? The MySQL 5.5 ports
>> are so for a reason. From the original commit log:
>>
>> - new installation layout, resembling RPM packages:
>>   - client = Client Utilities + Development Libraries + Shared components
>>   - server = MySQL Server + Embedded
>
> I've asked MariaDB developers about that and they advised that
> libmysqlservices (and appropriate header files) are server development
> part.
> Plugins which need libmysqlservices are server plugins. There is
> separate type of plugins which are client plugins, which have nothing
> to do with libmysqlservices.
>
> Basically I'm for having both mysql and mariadb ports semi-identical -
> have same install layouts, so if you feel that layout you are using in
> mysql55-* is better - it is easy to fix so that mariadb55 will
> resemble it.
>
> P.S. I've also noticed that you have .conf file in
> "bin/mysqlaccess.conf" in mysql55-client - was that intentional?
> Shouldn't it be placed somewhere like /usr/local/etc ?

Alex, just for my information - are you willing to commit my PR or we
are just discussing common problems of our 2 (4) ports?
If yes - could you please commit this version and later we'll find a
way to agree on pkg-plists and either me or you (depends on which port
should be fixed) will submit PR/commit fix?

Thanks.

--
Alexandr Kovalenko