On Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 6:48 PM, Alex Stangl <a...@stangl.us> wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 08:05:58PM -0700, John Jones wrote:
> > To whom it may concern:
> > The port www/geneweb is severely out of date, the up to date version is
> > 6.06 and has been actively maintained over the last several months with
> the
> > latest release being a few days ago.
> > http://opensource.geneanet.org/projects/geneweb/wiki/En_home
> > The current port is marked: BROKEN and will not build. the 6.06 version
> > does build but requires the ocaml-camlp5 and ocaml-lablgtk2 ports to
> > build/run. Please update the geneweb port to reflect this new version and
> > please provide an rc script for startup on boot.
>
> Hi John,
>
> I made a similar post about a month ago, and then took over geneweb port
> maintainance to fix the breakage. I submitted an update PR a month ago:
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=174068&cat=
> however it's not been acted upon. I emailed a couple folks, but was
> told I need to be patient, that some committer will eventually pick
> it up.
>
> The "system" seems broken in that there is this huge backlog of
> PRs that get handled in seemingly random order. Allowing port
> maintainers to perform commits to their own ports seems a sensible fix,
> and something that svn is capable of.
>
> My PR 174068 was to update geneweb to 6.05 since 6.06 was not yet out.
> I included an rc script for startup, but I did not see any dependency
> upon ocaml-lablgtk2. Can you point out to me where that dependency comes
> from? Something new in 6.06, perhaps? Can you take a look at the patch
> included at the above URL and let me know what you think?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Alex

Hi John,

Thanks very much for filing the report, but it is possible that it hasn't
been worked on
at this point due to the patch not being attached properly. I would suggest
a follow-up
to the problem report you original had posted with the patch attached as a
text file. It
appears the original patch was posted as a compressed archive.

Thanks!

-jgh
--
Jason Helfman          | FreeBSD Committer
j...@freebsd.org     | http://people.freebsd.org/~jgh  | The Power to Serve