On Tue, Feb 05, 2013 at 11:30:43AM +1030, Shane Ambler wrote:

> >> GH_COMMIT=      4dfdc80
> >
> > Probably not needed if you specify a tag other than master.
>
> >> If I pull master, I get commit f57e464.  That's not what I want.
> >> Why doesn't this thing pull the commit I'm telling it to pull?
>
> I think the thing most people miss here is that GH_COMMIT doesn't
> effect what gets downloaded, it's not used like an svn rev number
> - it is only used to define WRKSRC
>
> When a github tarball gets extracted GH_COMMIT is part of the dir name.
>
> Which is why it is mandatory and needs to match the tag. It is just
> needed to work with the way github creates tarballs. It is inconvenient
> but github is only setup to let you download tarballs of specific tags
> not specific commits. If the main devs don't tag the specific points you
> want the only option is to fork and create your own tags.

I don't know if we have a way to express this in the ports framework but
you absolutely can grab a tarball of a repo at any specific commit on
github even if it is not tagged.

This is the URL to grab ironbee/libhtp at
234fd5bab1225e483ea263a5a15faebed0bd61b9:

https://github.com/ironbee/libhtp/archive/234fd5bab1225e483ea263a5a15faebed0bd61b9.tar.gz

-- WXS