On Mon, 18 Mar 2013, Baptiste Daroussin wrote:

Hi,

The autotools allows us to have a config.site cache where we define our defaults
values for a couple of things, and prevent the "slow" and possibly wrong
autodetection.

Here is a patch that makes use of it:
http://people.freebsd.org/~bapt/autotools_config_site.diff

As the libiconv/gettext update has shown the configure scripts can fall back on
gnu version of commands first if it find it, and in case gettext is removed you
can get trouble.

In this config.site, I hardcoded a couple of FreeBSD binaries in order to always
use them, but I let the toolchain being autodetected.

I also added a couple of headers to avoid useless checks and more can be added
in the futur.

Any thought?

Avoiding the repeated detection of the exact same things could seriously reduce build times for big ports. Thank you!