Jim,

I'm working it the best I can.  I did find another sogo.conf file in the distro
in SOGo-2.0.5/scripts/sogo.conf.  It helps quite a bit now.

SOGo looks to be brilliant and has a lot of features that others don't.  Also,
it allows configuration of database, ldap, postfix or sendmail, etc, etc.  I've
been looking for something like this to take the place of Exchange/Outlook with
little pain.

However, I did read the online install documents, they are, highly, RH specific
or Generic Linux specific.

With ports, I think I speak for a lot of people of lesser ability than myself
(25 years and 23 years as sysadmin, sr sysadmin, system architect, consultant),
that ports is at the level now of 'it just works' almost all the time or the
expectation that everything is put in the proper hierarchy and sample files are
required.  (Thank you for putting in the sample file!)  Proper man pages are a
requirement (there seems to be a bunch for the GNUstep library in .gz format in
/usr/local/GNUstep/System/Library/Documentation/man that should, probably, be
linked to proper /usr/local/man directory as performing man on any of them
comes back with 'no manual entry'.

Also, it does seem, from the installation documentation that the web interface
relies on Apache, however, it wasn't installed as a dependency and I believe it
should.  Also, an informational blurb at the end of the port if it installs
correctly that says:  "Please put this in your Apache http.conf file: " or "the
parameters for Apache can be found in <path>/sofo.conf-apache"

And another message that says the default configuration file is located in
/usr/local/etc/sogo.conf

It's these little things that make ports superior to anything else out there.
The ability for it to 'just work' and to provide all additional information
that the user will require to get basics up and running and no 'dependency
hell' like Linux systems.

Finally, please understand that anyone who creates a port is another unsung
hero in FBSD world.  It's appreciated every time someone does a make install in
that port's directory.  Many people don't give it consideration, but I do.
Also, I'll help, if I have the time, to round it out like this.  I want it to
be yet another port that sings out of the gate. :-)   Let me know when, if you
get a chance to implement a lot of this, to run through it again.  I'm going to
continue with my present attempt and let you know what else I find.

Peace!

P.