On Thu, 23 May 2013, Adam Vande More wrote:

On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 10:33 AM, Freddie Cash <fjwc...@gmail.com> wrote:

There are already two "native" ways to do this:
  make config-recursive
  use a ports management tool like portmaster/portupgrade

portmaster certainly does not do this, nor make
config-recursive(although it faster than the portmaster dialog).  As I
already mentioned, portupgrade used to give them to you all at once,
no interruptions between IIRC.  As it stands right now, 'portmaster
x11/kde4' on a clean install pretty much guarantees you'll be console
baby sitting for 1/2 hr or more unless you use the accept defaults
option.  To put it another, I think the default make behavior should
be more akin 'make config-recursive' rather than take each OPTION as
it comes.

portmaster has always shown all the config dialogs before starting a build. Granted, it can take a while. portupgrade can do it with the -c or -C options, but does not do it by default. Or didn't last I looked.