On Sat, 01 Jun 2013 11:48:37 +0000
Steve Wills <st...@mouf.net> wrote:

> On 06/01/13 11:17, O. Hartmann wrote:
> >
> > I'm preparing a port and I fail downloading the sources, although
> > the base URL and the target tar ball are expanded correctly. But
> > the fetch process then complains with this:
> >
> > [...]
> > ===>   pocl-0.8.0 depends on file: /usr/local/sbin/pkg - found
> > => pocl-0.8rc1.tar.gz doesn't seem to exist
> > in /usr/ports/distfiles/. => Attempting to fetch
> > http://sourceforge.net/projects/pocl/files/pocl-0.8rc1.tar.gz fetch:
> > http://sourceforge.net/projects/pocl/files/pocl-0.8rc1.tar.gz: Moved
> > Temporarily
> >
> > If one the takes the error line named
> >
> > fetch http://sourceforge.net/projects/pocl/files/pocl-0.8rc1.tar.gz
> >
> > and issue it directly on the console, surprisingly the the fetch
> > works! This is weird.
> >
> > What is wrong here? Is this a bug in fetch?
>
> Nothing is wrong here. The "=> Attempting..." line is not trying to
> tell you what command it is running, but rather what it is doing.
> This result is perfectly normal due to the default args that ports
> pass to fetch. See bsd.port.mk:
>
>    2214 FETCH_ARGS?=    -AFpr
>
> The fetch man page will explain these further.
>
> For Sourceforge, there is a "SF" macro in bsd.sites.mk which you
> should use so that users will try the various mirrors. Many ports use
> this, so there are many examples to follow.
>
> Steve

Thank you for clearify this.

Even if I use the SF macro and set FETCH_ARGS= to en ampty string (I
suppose this will result in a "plain" fetch command without options)
the result is as described intially.

Applying the -v option to fetch then shows what happens and everything
looks fine to me so far - except that the Makefile-Port-Fetch doesn't
work. This is strange!