On 11/16/2013 2:08 PM, Eitan Adler wrote:
On Sat, Nov 16, 2013 at 2:41 PM, Darren Pilgrim
<list_free...@bluerosetech.com> wrote:
On 11/16/2013 8:25 AM, Eitan Adler wrote:
That's parseable using the regex or literal matching built into every
scripting language, most programming languages, and your average human.

Sure, but it requires extra tooling to make it work.  I don't care
which file the data are stored in, I just
(a) don't want it to be free form
(b) want it to be in some standard format.

If
you want to carry on about using an existing format, the above is CSV
(character-separated values)--one of the most well-established and
well-supported file formats in existence.

Eh, the format proposed does not even come close to RFC 4180 (CSV).

Heh. Pre-coffee brain failure. :) It is, however, the same format used for headers is pretty much everything.