On 12/17/13 15:32, Aleksandr Rybalko wrote:
On Tue, 17 Dec 2013 14:12:05 -0600
Nathan Whitehorn <nwhiteh...@freebsd.org> wrote:

On 12/17/13 14:07, Steve Kargl wrote:
On Mon, Dec 16, 2013 at 12:20:53PM +0100, Niclas Zeising wrote:
To get VT switching when using KMS drivers (ATI, Intel) please use
newcons: https://wiki.freebsd.org/Newcons or if that is not
possible, force the use of the vesa driver for xorg.

It appears that newcons is unusable with a static kernel.
Adding 'device drm2' and 'device i915kms' to my kernel
config results in a quick death to 'make buldkernel'.

You may not want it either. The radeon KMS driver, if loaded with
newcons before X, replaces your console with snow (or at least it did
the last time I tried it).
Nathan, on which h/w you did that test? 3 different systems with Intel
graphic works fine for me.

This is on the following graphics card on amd64:

vgapci0@pci0:3:0:0: class=0x030000 card=0x10022f43 chip=0x95cc1002 rev=0x00 hdr=0x00
    vendor     = 'Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI'
    device     = 'RV620 [ATI FireGL V3700]'

I'll run the test again today or tomorrow and see if it still happens.
-Nathan