On 03/13/14 23:26, Andrea Venturoli wrote:
Hello.

I have a script which monitors a directory and wakes up as soon as a new
file appears.
I'm using sysutils/wait_on for this, but this port expired a few days ago.

Is there a drop in replacement? Any other suggestion?

Hello.
Thanks to anyone who answered.

Since wait_on is back in the port tree, I'm sticking with it and I didn't try any of the suggestions; however I'll try to summarize, in case this could be helpful to others.

_ Gamin: I might be wrong, by AFAICT it's a library, not a ready to use solution;

_ filewatcherd: as I said, I didn't try it, but from the description it watches for changes to a file, not a directory;

_ I also found sysutil/watchfolder, which might be what I was looking for; again, I preferred not touch anything and stayed with wait_on, so I can't tell anything more.

 bye
        av.