On Wed, 9 Apr 2014, Melvyn Sopacua wrote:

Hi,

So, after the detour...

On 4/9/2014 12:38, Melvyn Sopacua wrote:

Though it makes no sense in my mind. Distfiles belong to ports not
packages. What problem was solved by moving this?

This still doesn't make sense. Distfiles are of no concern to binary
packages, so why would I continue to clutter /var/db/pkg with a large
tree of directories that is then duplicated to /var/db/ports?

portmaster creates a file in /var/db/pkg/portnamedistfiles. It's not a directory, just a list of distfiles used by the port and their checksums.