Kevin Oberman writes:

> >       This port builds fine, or seems to.  However, when I try to
> > install I get this:
>
>  Looks like it might be an issue with your build environment. Looks
>  like you have customized your build directories (/data/port-work). I
>  suspect something might be wrong there. I have seen several reports
>  of issues when symlinks are used in these types of customizations.

        It's not a sym-link, it's an evnironment variable:

WRKDIRPREFIX=/data/port-work

This was done because certain large ports (e.g. libreoffice) were eating up all the free space on /usr. So I pointed the work directory to /data, which has 200+ gbytes free. This works fine except is rare cases like this one. So ... how do I go about further diagnosing the breakage and getting that to {maintainer, pkg-ng team} who can Do the Right Thing?

        Respectfully,

                        Robert Huff