Hi!

> A helpful someone submitted a PR with a patch for a port I maintain. I
> remember that back in the GNATS days, when this happened I had to reply to
> an e-mail if I approved of the patch. But with Bugzilla I'm not sure. I
> added a comment to the PR that said "Maintainer approved", but I don't
> know whether that's the right way to do things.

That is sufficient to approve it, if it's easy to spot that
you are the committer, that means if the value of the MAINTAINER
field in the Makefile matches the mail address that "approved" in the PR.

> So, in short: with the new Bugzilla system, how does a maintainer (who is
> not a committer) respond to a PR in order to get the patch committed?

Next step would be to tack the PR to an committer willing to commit it 8-)

A short mail to ports@ with "can some committer please commit PR ..." is
one way to find one. It might get noisy in the future 8-}

--
p...@opsec.eu            +49 171 3101372                         6 years to go !