ns1 ~] $ portmaster -L

===>>> The ports directory (/usr/ports) does not seem to contain a ports tree
===>>> Aborting update

===>>> Killing background jobs
Terminated
===>>> Exiting
 ns1 ~] $ ls /usr/ports/
.portsnap.INDEX accessibility   databases     german            mbone
ports-mgmt   www
COPYRIGHT       arabic          deskutils     graphics  misc
portuguese      x11
INDEX-6         archivers       devel         hebrew            multimedia
print                x11-clocks
INDEX-7         astro           distfiles     hungarian net             russian
        x11-drivers
INDEX-8         audio           dns           irc               net-im
science              x11-fm
INDEX-8.db      benchmarks      editors       japanese  net-mgmt
security        x11-fonts
Keywords        biology         emulators     java              net-p2p
shells               x11-servers
Mk              cad             finance       korean            news
sysutils     x11-themes
README          chinese         french        lang              packages
textproc     x11-toolkits
Templates       comms           ftp           mail              palm
ukrainian    x11-wm
Tools           converters      games         math              polish
vietnamese
 ns1 ~] $

--
The Nixon I remembered was absolutely humorless; I couldn't imagine
him laughing at anything except maybe a paraplegic who wanted to vote