Hi Dan,

Well, it has always been like that, actually.

PostgreSQL does not really support installing them completely separately.
PostgreSQL does support minimiziing the installation to the client only, but
not really the other way around. Maybe they are independent, I didn't really
check it out.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/static/install-procedure.html - Towards the
end of the page: "Client-only installation".

There is really no information about "Server-only installation". Hence I didn't
bother pursuing that track.

PAlle