Paul Schmehl wrote:
I got my monthly report and noticed that a number of ports were corrupt.

pkg_info: the package info for package 'OpenSP-1.5.2_2' is corrupt
pkg_info: the package info for package 'apache22-2.2.27_2' is corrupt
pkg_info: the package info for package 'autoconf-2.69' is corrupt

My ports are fine according to %pkg info.

Why is bsdstats still using the old ports utilities?  Is it going to be
updated?

pkg support was added to the FreeBSD BSDstats port in 2012:

http://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports/head/sysutils/bsdstats/files/300.statistics.in?r1=300897&r2=301654&pathrev=301654

If the file /var/db/pkg/local.sqlite exists on your system, BSDstats should try
to use pkg as expected.  Checking for this file was the method recommended in
2012 by the pkgng IRC channel, but I'm not sure if this method has since been
replaced by something else.

The "LEGACY" section was intended for backward compatibility with pkg_* tools.  Given
that there are still two supported FreeBSD releases (8.4-RELEASE and 9.3-RELEASE) that come with
pkg_* tools, I think the "LEGACY" section should remain until support ends for both of
these releases.

--
A.J. Kehoe IV (Nanoman)     |  /"\  ASCII Ribbon Campaign
Nanoman's Company           |  \ /   - No HTML/RTF in E-mail