Carmel NY wrote:
On Wed, 13 May 2015 07:41:55 -0400, Ernie Luzar stated:

I am having the same problem. Many things missing from the base openssl that are in the port openssl. Installing the port version only complicates things by not knowing which directory structure is really in play. My suggestion is just have the base OS source contain everything the openssl port installs.

Basically, that is what I stated. Simply have the "base" version mirror the
"port's" version. Another, perhaps even simpler method would be to have the
"port's" version [overwrite|replace] the base system if a user decides to
install the port's version. A new user could be given the option of
installing the older "base" system or the newer "port's" version when first
installing FreeBSD.

This problem is NOT unsolvable; however, for whatever reason, it doesn't seem
to be getting any traction either. It sort of reminds me of a problem with the
"slapd" rc file that has never been ratified.

Maybe it takes a PR to shine light on this problem as the subject of this post is no longer valid