On 2015-11-17 12:38 PM, Michelle Sullivan wrote:
Hate to tell you this but you're going to get w**kered by people for the
versions..

You installed part of it from binary (pkgng) ...?

You upgraded perl? (or didn't upgrade perl) ....?

IIRC perl 5.16 got 'retired' recently so if you got anything using pkgng
you probably got mismatched versions.

My advice uninstall all perl modules and perl itself and reload
everything from either ports or pkgng (not both)...  You could just
deinstall and rebuild p5-Encode as a shortcut - however it is likely
soemthing else is broken so you might see the same over and over
again... I find deinstalling recursively and reinstalling fixes and
levels the playing field.

Regards,

Michelle

I did a minor update of perl 5.16.3, now nothing that uses perl works, get the same error. Everything is installed from ports on the system, guess ill try to update to a newer version of perl and hope that doesn't break my perl applications.

Thanks.