Hello,

I recently struggled with getting subversion with SASL to work with LDAP
authentication on freebsd 10.2. Both subversion (1.9.3) and SASL (2.1.26) were
install from ports.

For the most part configuration followed the documentation, but there was one
hitch. I'm not sure if this is something that should be handled as part of the
subversion port or as part of the SASL port.

When subversion is installed, the default rc scripts run svnserve with a
user/group of svn/svn. However, when SASL-authd is installed, it uses a domain
socket path of /var/run/saslauthd with ownership of cyrus/mail. This directory
is not readable by the svn user.

To make this work, I either had to add the svn user to the "mail" group, or
relax the permisson on /var/run/saslauthd so that svnserve would be able to
open the socket to the saslauthd. Perhaps the permissions to the socket were
too restrictive by default.

Regards,
Joseph