Hello,

On 2/11/16 10:12 AM, Kurt Jaeger wrote:
Hi!

In fact, I'd guess there are hundreds of PECL modules
in the ports tree that either have not been updated to PHP 7.0 upstream
or have not been updated in the ports tree if they have been updated
upstream.

List of PECL modules:

portfind pecl | wc -l
      137

Maybe put the list in the wiki, and start some upgrade orgy ?

Sounds 'somewhat' doable.

That's fewer than I'd have thought, but there are also ports like php56-redis which don't show up as "pecl" though they are in the PECL repo. The current port uses a GH source. See https://pecl.php.net/package/redis and https://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports/head/databases/php56-redis/Makefile?revision=403460&view=markup for an example. In fact, that GH source is also outdated and results in a redirect.

root@rubicon:~ # curl -I https://github.com/nicolasff/phpredis
HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently
Server: GitHub.com
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2016 15:28:34 GMT
Cache-Control: no-cache
Vary: X-PJAX
Location: https://github.com/phpredis/phpredis

I'd say that in order to be rigorous, all php*- and pecl- ports need to be tested (at least) for compilation against php70 in in a clean system, and it's a good opportunity to update all with current versions. I'm happy to help. Feel free to contact me off list.

--
Jim Ohlstein

"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." - Mark Twain